Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Curl Condition Hair Pudding


Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Curl Condition Review


I saw this product for the first time in my local Walmart. I usually don't purchase Palmer's products because they don't appeal to me. But when I saw Hair Pudding it stood out.

5.72 at Walmart 14oz
 
 
 
 
 
 
This product claims to add moisture and shine to transform dull, frizzy hair into perfectly smooth, elongated and defined curls.
 

This creamy whipped emulsion of pure coconut oil and keratin adds superior shine as it maximizes curl length and prevents shrinkage for longer lasting styles. Perfect for naturally curly, wavy or frizz-prone hair. No alcohol No parebens

It's important to read the directions and what the products suppose to do. This product is for naturally curly, wavy or frizz-prone hair. I have naturally curly frizzy hair so this product should work for me.
If you have: 
Curly hair
Wavy hair
Frizzy hair


This product is for you. Also this product don't have all natural ingredients and contains "cones". But as you can see the first ingredient is water. This product also contain Glycerin, protein, Avocado & Jojoba oil. So all in all not that bad.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Sodium Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Coumarin

My Experience & Results
 



I co washed my hair with Tresemme naturals then I applied my leave-in Aunt Jackie's Knot On My Watch Instant Detangling Therapy. While my hair was still wet I applied the Pudding using the shingling method. My curls defined instantly. The product glided on my tresses with ease. The product smells like coconuts and is very creamy. At first the pudding appears thick but it's actually is not. My hair is soft to the touch with no product on my hand after it dried. Also it dried fairly quick. It has great slip and made my hair slightly moisturized and shiny. All in all not bad. I'll give it a 4 out of 5. Will I repurchase? Probably not. Although it did what it claimed I have other products I love that give me the same results. I must say that it held my style all day and even at the end of the day my hair is still very soft. Finally, a big surprise...the product did not flake. That's a big Plus!!!



Pros:
Defined Curls
Shine
Softness
Scent
texture
Slip
long lasting curls
price
didn't flake
 
Cons:
Not too Moisturizing
Shrinkage
 
 



Hair right after applying the pudding.
Hair after it has dried and been styled
 
Hair at the end of the day. (still curly & styled)
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also tried this product on my 15 year old's hair. She has a looser curl pattern than I have. This product gave her amazing shine, elongated her curls and defined her hair in some spots. However, this product made some of her hair white. I applied it to freshly washed wet hair using the shingling method. Only difference between my results and hers was that I didn't use a leave-in under this product on her hair. All in all for her hair I'll give this product a 2.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment