Monday, April 8, 2013

Introduction

My HairStory,


Hi sistas,
My name is Robbins and this is my hair story. On November 9, 2008 I cut off all my hair. The BIG CHOP. I didn't transition because I wasn't aware of such a thing in 2008. One day after being frustrated with my relaxed, thinning, and unmanageable hair I just cut all of it off. I couldn't find regular scissors so I used my daughter's dull Kindergarten scissors....yep and it did the job. I felt so liberated!!!!
 After the Big Chop I didn't really know what to do with my hair so I wore wigs until my hair grew out some.
Once my hair grew out I was able to see my true natural hair texture. People always t.old me I had "good hair" but I didn't understand what they really meant. I wanted to see what this "good hair" was all about. (I know now that "good hair" was considered looser curly hair texture)


Now that I've discovered my texture I was able to choose products that I thought would help. While rocking my TWA I discovered that gels worked really well for my hair. So I brought every type of gel imaginable. Eco Styler, IC Fantasia, Elasta QP Power Jel & dollar store gels.
This was the beginning of my hair journey. I've never turned back despite the challenges of my "new" hair...and I never will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment