Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DIY Whipped Coconut Body & Hair Moisturizer

While surfing my favorite YouTube channels I came across Sha'Kia Renea's DIY Whipped Coconut Hair & Body Mousturizer video. This homemade whipped butter so was beautiful I just had to try it... Of course with my own twist. 

After watching her video a couple of times, I ran out and got the materials needed to complete my project. 

I purchased:
Coconut oil (Walmart) $7.66
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Walmart) $2.00
Vitamin E Oil (Walmart) $3.52
Soap Colorant (Michael's) $2.99
Soap Fragrance Oil (Michael's) $4.99
Containers, measurement utensils, bowl for mixing (Dollar Tree). 

Directions:
*Combine coconut oil (room temperature)
EVOO and Vit E oil (natural preservative in mixing bowl. 
*Using a electric mixer-mix for 5-8 mins until whipped desired. 
Optional:
*pour the mixture into 2-3 bowls (if using different colors).
*Add color to each bowl
*Add fragrance (essential oil, soap fragrance or body oil)
*mix each bowl for 2-5mins until color blends
*Pour each bowl into containers.
(If layering colors pour individual colors into the same container.
*Store in refrigerator until you're ready to use. 

Put your mixture in cute decorative bowls and give as gifts. Perfect for the holidays.

Hope this helps!!!! Get your DIY on!!!!!
Here's a link to She'Kia Renea's video. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment